Bryggman's Resurrection Chapel at the exhibition. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.
The Chapel of Resurrection by Erik Bryggman at the exhibition. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.

Erik Bryggman’s architecture exhibited in Gdansk, Poland and at Rakennustieto, Helsinki

The key works of one of the most influential early functionalists in Finland, Erik Bryggman (1891–1955), has been on display in Gdansk, Poland from 24 to 31 May, 2016. The exhibition “Architecture of Erik Bryggman” took place at the Polish Architects’ union space at the Court of order of St George in Gdansk.

The travelling exhibition, which will hopefully be on display also elsewhere in Poland later this year, has been curated by Professor Jacek Dominick in collaboration with the Bryggman Institute, Instytut Kultury Miejskiej, Gdańsk, Polish Architect’s union Stowarzyszenie Architektów Polskich Gdańsk branch and Gdańsk Academy of Fine Art.

A photograph exhibition of Bryggman’s architecture is exhibited in Helsinki between 26 May and 16 June, 2016. The exhibition takes place at the Rakennustieto premises (address: Malminkatu 16 A, Helsinki, 8th floor; open on weekdays during office hours).

Mikko Laaksonen from the Bryggman Institute explaining Bryggman's architectural ideas. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.

Mikko Laaksonen from the Bryggman Institute explaining Bryggman’s architectural ideas. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.

View of the "Architecture of Erik Bryggman" exhibition in Gdansk, Poland. Mikko Laaksonen from the Bryggman Institute explaining Bryggman's architectural ideas. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.

View of the “Architecture of Erik Bryggman” exhibition in Gdansk, Poland. Mikko Laaksonen from the Bryggman Institute explaining Bryggman’s architectural ideas. Photo: Pawel Wlad Kowalski.

About AV